Friday, January 01, 2010

Heartaches Pilot 3 - The Ultimate Sacrifice

What was once a room overflowing with color and joy, now turns blue and gloomy.
The Curly Fuzz Poodle yanks his ancient cord.
CFP: Well, there's only one thing to do. I can't let Roxy get the Scabies."
He reaches offstage and pulls in a writing pad.
He starts to scrawl out a heart wrenching farewell note to his beloved master.
Dear Dear Roxy,

your mother is right. I'm a no-good dirty old worthless piece of fluff. She has decided to toss me out with the trash so I won't give you the scabies so I thought I'd save her the trouble.

Don't forget to wash the pillow that I've stained with my dust and stitches.

Love,
your dirty old piece of crap
He sniffles and bursts into musty sobs as he scribbles his swan song.
One last look and he signs the letter with the seal of terrible tears.
He looks at the camera and then turns and walks away.
With quivering paws, he slides open the bedroom window.
The autumn leaves sail in to fill the sickening void about to be created by Roxy's most cherished companion.

One last look at the room that filled 2 hearts with so much love and security
and out he tosses himself into the cold forbidding world.
a couple of spins and
down he plummets into the trash where he belongs
filth at last joins filth

An omen of great evil and heartache to come
The scraggly Owl of misery guards the now homeless children's plaything that a stunted child might finally be free to find maturity and dead-seriousness in her long walk of life

To be continued