Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beautiful People 8 - mean

In my first beautiful people post I explained how I had to get used to drawing someone before my caricatures became cartoony.

Here are some I did the other night when I was in a particularly mean mood I guess.

Note how they have less details and are more exaggerated than my earlier versions of the same people.










It took me a long time to get a caricature of this girl that I thought was decent. I have a ton of practice shots. Maybe I'll put 'em up later so you can see the progression.

I did this one for Katie because she loves to do her and has funny theories about her head.


Hey, thanks for all the great comments on the last Barber shop post! You people are amazingly observant! I think I will collect up my favorite comments and include them with the next Barber post.


Tomorrow you get a special treat! I'm gonna feature some great background paintings from Kristy Gordon. She was the key BG stylist on some new Ren and Stimpy cartoons.
I'll give you some notes on them too in case you want to try painting for me sometime.