Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Gallery Show in Laguna of My Collection



Hi folks

I have an art show starting Thursday at beautiful Laguna Beach. Come take a swim in the ocean with a prehistoric Oarfish and then wash up on land and roll into the LCAD Art Gallery.

Here's some stuff that won't be there just because I had so much stuff they had to weedle it down to only the most glistening tasty development drawings, storyboards, layouts, animation, cels, backgrounds, toys and more from over 30 years of wackiness! Not just my drawings, but also work from many of the gifted animators, painters and cartoonists I've worked with.

These are from some development I did on a pitch of Dr. Seuss' Happy Birthday To You for my pals at Reel FX.





There'll be lots of stuff like this, but I don't wanna spoil the surprises! You'll have to come see for yourself.

















 Check out this wonky chick I drew in 1980...lots more stuff at the show that you may never see anywhere else! 

THE RENOWNED CURATORS
Andrea Harris,
 The Original Art of Basil Wolverton: From the Collection of Glenn Bray
Dave Kuhn,

and Auralynn When

are curating the show and doing a wonderful job of making it express the joy and exuberance that is the modern cartoon world (at least the one I'm in).

Thursday Night (tomorrow) I'll be there for the opening reception and you are all invited. You can fraternize with the likes of Jim Smith, Mr. and Mrs. Harkey-Kedzie, Gabe Del Valles, Alex Salyer, Aaron Chen and many more cartoonists, animators and discerning art lovers of the highest caliber of taste.  If you can't make the reception this week, don't shoot yourself yet because the show runs from now through Christmas. Even Santa is gonna take some time out to see the development of the Spumco style laid out in chronological order before his twinkly eyes.



225 Forest Avenue

Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949) 494-7907

Lots of original Ren and Stimpy art too!

and meet the creator of the beloved Armenian rodents.
actual size