Monday, February 25, 2008

some corrections from Greg Duffel

Hi John:

A couple of possible corrections on the Jones art:

The Porky strikes me as something from a Davis or Tashlin cartoon. Brother
Brat maybe? If it's Jones, which cartoon?

The Bugs Bunny in an Elizabethan outfit is an Abe Levitow drawing for a
cartoon Abe directed.

The Dog below it is almost certainly from "Fast Buck Duck" and is probably
drawn by Ted Bonnickson, the "co-director", as it doesn't look like a
Mckimson.

The Bugs Bunny with red underdrawing is a Washam.

And speaking of your Washam post today, yes, that animation of Bugs Bunny
you note as being in a Mckimson style, is by Ken Harris. I like Harris'
animation at the end with the female rabbit robot. Some very clever
stagger animation there. I also like it when Bugs Bunny sings "I'm headin'
for my beddin'..." which Harris animated.

Also, I had some communication with Mike Barrier recently about the DVD 5
of Looney Tunes, and specifically his commentary about "Tale of Two
Kitties".



He gave credit to Scribner for the anvil in the ground scene,
but that's some really odd Scribner drawing, which I thought looked more
like Davidovich (who incidentally animates on "Hair Raising Hare"). Look
at those hands on the Babbitt cat. Would Scribner draw like that? Mike
kindly sent me Clampett's notes on that with a list of who did what and
Scribner is assigned that scene alright.

The Bugs Bunny you note at the beginning was animated by Lloyd Vaughan.

I'm going to read your Scribner stuff.

Greg

Thanks Greg, and my apologies for my errors.