Friday, October 23, 2009

Toenails 9 - Thanks Providence


Malynisky and his beloved surving infant son Horst shiver at the dresser, in dire need of soul-nurturing undergarments.Being from a very reverent lineage, Malynisky stops to insist they give thanks to the Great One who provideth snappy waistbands.

Tato (father) reaches for his most cherished graven image, handed down through generations of Slavic Ranger herds.
Young Horsts's infant breath is sucked away by the magic emanating from the Byzantine icon.
He is overwhelmed by the magesty of the greatest hero of all Slavdom.

It is not only permissible but in fact encouraged for males to kiss other males in Eastern European tradition. (I, unfortunately know this from direct experience!)
To be continued:

BTW, I'm thinking of offering all these original storyboards and sketches for sale. I wonder if any of you would be interested and whattaya think they'd be worth per page? I'd sign 'em of course.

Next:

10 Shock Of The Real

14 comments:

Paul B said...

This is getting better and better

These drawings on cheap paper are more alive than the millions of dollars they spend on 3D.

patrick said...

As another descendant of Slavic rangers, I approve of this! And yes, I'd definitely buy some of these storyboards. Have you thought about maybe bundling them into 2s or 3s?

Zachary H. said...

I would buy one for a good price.

Chris said...

John, maybe you should save them and publish them as a comic with a snappy original cover, like Bill Plympton did with his storyboards for Hair High and Mutant Aliens? Then sell off the originals. =)

I'd definitely buy the collection.

Bob Lilly said...

John, I recommend an auction.Let the market establish the prices.
When I was a commercial artist, I would usually ask my client, "What's the budget for this project?" Then I would agree to do the job for that amount. I simply put less time into the lower budget jobs and more time into the higher budget jobs. I don't think that approach would work in your case. You could take it to eBay.
Let us know.

The Artist Aficionado said...

How 'bout introducing some of Kaspar's traditions. I imagine they go to even higher extremes.

Toon Spaz said...

oh christ i'd buy one!! well, if i had any self worth anyways. you wouldn't happen to take pocket lint and stink flies would you? killer blog btw!! been a big fan for years.

The Butcher said...

Man, it was good watching Fedor fight again.

Carmine said...

Great stuff. It keeps getting funnier. I can't help but wonder why they're bottomless together in the first place :) .

And I would love to own a piece colored by hand. I love seeing your colored drawings. Your technique is amazing.

John said...

I'll buy one! I'm a student, so I have no money... but I'll still buy one!

O gato said...

I love the accents you made them have, I definitely buy the last page! As for selling, perhaps $50 a piece(maybe that's too much?)

akira said...

i don't know exactly how much i'd pay but i'd definitely bid in an auction... maybe if you started using nicer unlined paper (maybe 24lb or better instead of the usual copy paper) i would pay more for them as they would be more suitable for framing in my opinion?? and maybe i'd pay more for pencil than ballpoint drawn?? (sorry if this is jerky to say, and if the materials you use allow you to work the fastest and most creatively please don't change a thing)

Sven Hoek said...

I would very much like to have signed copies of those pictures. I can guess they would be worth $15 to $20 each.

Carmine said...

well, i think they would be worth more than 15 or 20 bucks. Maybe the best thing is an auction, because I know i'd go higher.